Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

The Woes of Guild Recruitment

If you are a level one guild trying to recruit more members I feel your pain. With so many other guilds recruiting like crazy its has become very difficult to recruit new talent. I recently set up a new guild, Farmacom, and the act of getting new members has been torture. It seems to me that right now you have two types of people, the ones that are going to the higher level guilds with perks already unlocked so they don't have to wait for the goodies and the ones being used to level the guild. On a personal note I will say that I don't want the first section of members. Joining a guild to just get the perks and never involve yourself in guild activities is just wrong and selfish. Not what a guild should be about. Now the ones that I hope to get are the ones that realize that they will never get a raid spot with their current guild and that when the guild hits the level cap they will get removed from the guild. I suspect as we see guilds hitting the cap a flood of looking for guild request will go out in trade chat and small guilds will pick these up.

Let me know what you think and what ideas you have for smaller guilds to attract members away from the higher level recruiting monsters.

Brimbane Out

No comments:

Post a Comment